Submissions for 2017 are now closed. Submission guidelines for 2018 will be posted here in the coming months.
- Submissions are open to anyone, of any age, living within a 75 mile radius of Mankato.
- Submit up to four poems. Each poem must be 18 lines or less and each line can be no more than 40 characters (spaces, punctuation and blank lines count!). Titles do not count as one of the lines, but should be no more than 25 characters long.
- Submissions should be emailed as attachments (PDF, .doc, .docx) or in the body of the email to email@example.com.
- Submissions must include the following information:
- First and last name
- Email and/or phone number
- Address including zipcode
- Age range:
- Up to 3rd grade
- 4th-7th grade
- 8th-12th grade
- Submissions can also be mailed via post to MPWR, 416 1/2 State Street, Mankato, MN 56001. Mailed submissions must be postmarked by or on January 16, 2017.
- Entries must be the original work of the entrant.
- Entries can be previously published or unpublished.
- No vulgar, abusive, violent, or sexually explicit language will be accepted.
- Poems can be about any topic. Some ideas: CityArt sculptures; Mankato history/culture; nature (river, lakes, bluffs, fields of Southern Minnesota); relationships and family; exercise, movement, biking, walking, skiing, skating, or other physical activities.
Poems that do not follow the guidelines above will be disqualified. Writers whose poems are selected for publication will be invited to perform at a reading at 7 PM on March 23rd, 2017 at the Emy Frentz Arts Guild Gallery in Mankato, MN. All writers will be contacted by March 23rd, 2017. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.